Bottled water risks include more than just draining your bank account. Those single-use bottles found in supermarkets, gas stations and gyms across the country are known to be “toxic rip-offs.” Why? Because you’re paying way more for a product that contains harmful chemicals. A recent German-led study found that a single bottle of bottled water contained nearly 25,000 chemicals.
16 Not So Fun Facts About Bottled Water
- The average American drinks about 31 gallons of bottled water per year.
- Less than 30% of plastic water bottles are recycled.
- Bottled water is full of hormone-disrupting chemicals.
- Bottled water exposure includes an increased cancer risk. Biopsies have revealed plastic particles found in cancerous breast tissue.
- People in the U.S. buy half a billion bottles of water a week, more than enough to circle the globe 5 times.
- Producing the bottles for American consumption requires the equivalent of more than 17 million barrels of oil, not including the energy for transportation.
- Bottling water produced more than 2.5 million tons of carbon dioxide.
- In the United States, 24% of bottled water sold is either Pepsi’s Aquafina or Coke’s Dasani. Both brands are bottled purified municipal tap water.
- Gina Solomon, a senior scientist at the Natural Resources Defense Council, an environmental advocacy group, told The New York Times that “there is no reason to believe that bottled water is safer than tap water.”
- In the U.S., public water is regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), which requires multiple daily tests for bacteria and makes results available to the public. The Food and Drug Administration, which regulates bottled water, only requires weekly testing and does not share its findings with the EPA or the public.
- According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, some bottled water risks include fluoride exposure. Fluoride can occur naturally in source waters used for bottling or it can be added.
- Bottled water testing has found things like kerosene, styrene, mold yeast, and algae.
- It takes 3 liters of water to produce 1 liter of bottled water.
- So much energy is needed to fill the bottles with water at the factory, move it by truck, train, ship, or air freight to the user, cool it in grocery stores or home refrigerators, and recover, recycle or throw away the empty bottles.
- Estimates suggest that the total amount of energy embedded in our use of bottled water can be as high as the equivalent of filling a plastic bottle one-quarter full with oil.
- Plastic bottles can take up to 1,000 years to decompose.
When you consider the financial, the environmental and health side effects, you have to ask yourself, “Is it really worth it?”
The Solution is Kangen Water!
- Kangen Water is convenient and cost-effective. Your Kangen Water machine will last up to 20 years and it will cost only $1 per day to operate it with unlimited water for you and all your friends and family.
- Kangen Water is clean and pure and can actually improve your health.
- Kangen Water flushes the body of toxins and acidic waste.
- Kangen Water deeply hydrates the body on a cellular level.
- Kangen Water helps to return the body to homeostasis.
- Kangen Water increases immunity and disease-fighting ability.
- Kangen Water supports healthy digestion and elimination.
- Kangen Water neutralizes free-radicals.
- Kangen Water promotes better sleep, more energy, and weight loss.
No other water can do what Kangen Water can do. Just look on YouTube and see all the testimonials. The proof is overwhelming. Kangen Water a perfect addition to your Alkaline Lifestyle.
Want More Information?